I am proud to present the new xOrganizer version 2.0. It is a completely rebuild version of the widely used xOrganizer V1.3.
The previous version was freeware, but with this new version I could no longer justify this. Improving and extending xOrganizer took me so much time I could either quit or take this step. I hope that everyone will still support me and find the price fair for what xOrganizer offers now.
You can find xOrganizer in the Xplane.org store: https://store.x-plane.org/xOrganizer_c_398.html
The new version is completely rebuild:
- Completely new code: very fast with the use of an internal database + a lot of improvements/fixes
- Complete manual of xOrganizer
- Improved overview of scenery: favorites folder added, grouped by continent, etc.
- Improved profile functionality (sets in the previous version of xOrganizer)
- Improved version functionality: store hyperlinks to download locations
- New: select only the modules of xOrganizer that you find useful (scenery, plugins/scripts or X-Plane preferences)
- New: profiles for plugins/scripts
- New: easy check on recently installed scenery
- New: scan for broken/bad links/shortcuts in the Custom Scenery folder
- New: option to switch off GroundTraffic plugins (per airport package)
- New: clean user interface
- New: settings menu with several user options
- No internet connection needed during use (offline maps)
- Conversion of the V1.3 database is possible
There is a demo available in the X-Plane.xorg forum:https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/31085-xorganizer-windows-demo/
You can download the demo version + the manual to help you convince that the new version is a major improvement and offers nice new features.
Note: the demo is almost fully functional, except for some specific functions, such as the more detailed (deep) analysis of the scenery. Furthermore the demo will not actually write anything to the X-Plane folder and will save the database only once.
I will continue developing xOrganizer. There are a couple of nice features that I have in mind and suggestions are always welcome. For now my focus will be to offer support for any problems that were not discovered with testing.
Last but not least to the people that helped me with testing: thanks for taking the time and effort!