25000 Prefab Airports package for X-Plane 11 (also works in X-Plane 10).
The scenery package contains 25000 (computer generated) airports with 33 types of sceneries (in 3 different layouts and 3 climates zones), which I call Prefab airports.
The package helps filling the empty X-Plane world and is mainly meant for all those airports for which no Custom Scenery is available (yet). In general the preference for any scenery is:
- Custom Scenery (available in the xorg forum)
- Global Airports with scenery (lego brick airports installed by Laminar)
- Prefab airports of this package
All the Prefab airports in the package have:
- Scenery: buildings, hangars, planes, 3D people etc. (see images)
- Taxiways with signs, lines, centerlines, lights and runways holds
- ATC routes (package 1 / beta)
- Platforms with ramp starts and fence around the airport
- Airport boundaries, exclusion zones and ground textures
- All original X-Plane data of airports (ATC frequencies, beacons, etc.)
- X-Plane 11 (or X-Plane 10.50)
- 3D people library (by dkm, version 3.8 or higher)
- OpensceneryX (version 2.1.1 or higher). NB: older versions need the folder to be named “OpensceneryX”, see the instructions
- Optional Autogate plugin (by Marginal, version 1.6 or higher)
The Prefab Airports are split up in packages per continent (USA split into 3 separate packages). There is also a FSE package for use with FSEconomy (see webpage on FSEconomy for explanation).
All packages contain only airports with 1 runway (except the FSE package which contains all missing airports whatever the number of runways).
X-Life and WorldTraffic
For help with X-Life see the separate webpage: Prefab and X-Life
The ATC routes can be used to create Groundroutes for WorldTraffic (tested with XGRC 2.5)
NO CONFLICTS with the new exclusion method
These packages contain a lot of airports, but they are now build using the new exclusion method (X-Plane developer blog). As a result you will only see a Prefab airport if no other scenery is available (you need at least X-Plane 10.45+ for this to work).
IMPORTANT: this only works correctly if you place the Prefab packages below the other scenery in the scenery_packs.ini file (see instructions for more information).
NB: my packages do not conflict with the Global Airports.
Content to download
To download use this link to the download section of the xorg forum:
In my package I have used or included objects made available by the following members of the X-Plane forum: dkm, Chris Noe, Marginal, Jacques Brault, fschutzman, FlyByGuy, gplv3, Al., capnsully and Einstein (hope I didn’t forget anyone). Thanks!
Special thanks for Ben Supnik from Laminar for sending me a special version of the DSFTool for the new exclusions!